2 phone lines

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 13:10:04 CDT 2002

Dear Bradley,

As far as I know we only have one phone line.  I will
double check when I get home, however.  I know we are
only paying for one.  Do you mean two phone lines as
in two seperate lines, or as in two connections?  I
could easily imagine tha they split the lines to run
one into the office.  Any idea how I would remedy this
situation?

Thanks,

Eric Gilliland

--- Bradley Miller <bradmiller at dslonramp.com> wrote:
> At 05:27 AM 5/7/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >ANother question.  This is a little off topic, but
> >what the heck.  Since I moved into the house I just
> >bought in Prairie Village, my modem will only
> connect
> >at 28.8k.  I have the old style telephone jacks
> that
> >are little boxes that stick out.  Is the slow modem
> >connection a result of having old telephone wires
> or
> >what?  The house was built in 1953 and I'm fairly
> sure
> >they are original.  ANy ideas?
>
> I can tell you, it's probably not the age of the
> house.  Do you have 2
> phone lines?  That might be the problem.  In older
> neighborhoods (well,
> almost any neighborhood for that matter) they will
> "split your pair" for a
> 2nd phone line.    In other words, where you might
> be able to connect at
> 48K over a single dial-up line, they split your
> voice line and it reduces
> the amount of bandwidth the line is capable of.
> When I moved to the city I
> was in a house in Oak Grove, MO that was at least as
> old as yours or maybe
> older (late 40's?).  The telephone connection was
> made with insulator knobs
> from the telephone poll outside.  I could get on at
> 48K+ with a local ISP,
> but we only had one phone line.  I moved to new
> house in Blue Springs and
> lost 1/2 my speed . . . I had two phone lines
> installed.  DOH!!
>

> Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
> AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
> Blue Springs, Missouri office
> Phone: 816-228-3814		Fax: 775-254-6162 <-- NEW!!
> Toll-free: 888-872-4420	ICQ: 48555780

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3