The Verdict

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Wed Mar 13 17:43:09 CST 2002

Oh, I didn't say daemontools sucks, rather they have some very nice utilities in
there. I just though the fact that qmail needs it in order to run correctly is
kind of hokey and not very intuitive for the first-time installer. Qmail
dependency on daemontools sucks, not daemontools itself. Then again it is
possible to use the inittab respawn for qmail or any programs that need to be
restarted after they exit for that matter. Hylafax uses this for the faxgetty
process on incoming faxes. Works like a charm.

-Jeremy