The Verdict

Randall Randall wolfkin at freedomspace.net
Wed Mar 13 17:03:03 CST 2002

Accidentally sent to Jeremy, rather than the list.

Subject: Re: The Verdict
From: Randall Randall <wolfkin at freedomspace.net>
To: "Jeremy Fowler" <jfowler at westrope.com>

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 12:14, Jeremy Fowler wrote:
> Yes, you should try Postfix. I used Sendmail for about a year, switch to
> qmail for awhile (didn't like it either), and now I run postfix and have
> ever since. The config file is self-explanatory and it's easy to setup. As
> far as qmail goes, I agree with you that it can be a pain. Plus you need to
> download and install daemontools in order to set it up correctly. There is
> a couple programs in daemontools that are used to start and stop the qmail
> process. It monitors if the process quits and restarts it automatically.
> Overall it's a pain. Live and learn.

While I use postfix myself, I also use djbdns, which requires daemontools,
 and it compiled and ran flawlessly on my systems.  Even if daemontools
 sucked, it would be worth it to avoid bind and use djbdns.

--
Randall Randall <wolfkin at freedomspace.net>
Crypto key: www.freedomspace.net/~wolfkin/crypto.text