Partitioning

Ian icollins at iland.net
Sat Jul 27 17:21:09 CDT 2002

I would like some advice on how to create a partition without destroying any of the file on it
including my current operating system. Is it possible so that I don't have to reload my current OS.
I want to dual boot Linux Red Hat 7 and Windows XP. In the Linux for Dummies 3rd Edition it
mentions something about fips. Would this work for me, and how reliable is it.
The machine that I am using is an HP 750n, Intel 4 1.7 mhz, 512 ram, 80 gig HD.
I am new to Linux and would appreciate any help that I could get.

Thanks, Ian Collins