job search [aka consulting]

mgoins at kcp.com mgoins at kcp.com
Fri Jul 26 17:08:14 CDT 2002

That seems to be most peoples general perception "a slow transition". My
thought is why not seize this opportunity  (the current financial market),
most companies are looking to cut costs as much as possible. Sounds like
the perfect time to introduce them to Linux and open-source. M$ is doing
everything they can to kill the beauty that is Linux. I think WE need to be
more aggressive, push harder.

                    Rusty

                    <kujayhawkbb at y       To:     mgoins at kcp.com

                    ahoo.com>            cc:     DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com, lowell at kc.rr.com

                                         Subject:     RE: job search [aka consulting]

                    07/26/02 12:01

                    PM

I don't follow why you say this? The transition to (or simply the
addition of) Linux will not be an overnight event. It will take time,
and gentle persuasion. Suggestions and hints and demonstrations. And
still there will be reluctance, simply because of the lack of a
corporate structure - that "comfort zone" businesses have become
accustomed to.

MS will probably always be there. We just want to add more Linux to the
mix.