job search

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 04:10:50 CDT 2002

I was not intending to mock mac ten.  I was simply trying
to make a point that when seeking a job, perhaps proper
spelling and grammar is important.  I do realize, as
someone pointed out, that this is an informal medium, and
many people do not bother with proper spelling, grammar,
etc.  However, you can bet that the person at any company
who is putting resumes in two piles (discard and call) does
care about such things.  I was not meaning to belittle or
mock, just trying to make a point.  How you present
yourself is important in any medium.

Again, my two cents,

Eric Gilliland

--- Bill Cavalieri <bcavalieri at gekl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 18:03, crash3m at trelane.net wrote:
> > which is more importent spelling capitilzasion
> punctootasion grammer.
> > im not sure myself?
> > :P
>
> Neither, taking the initiative to learn something new is
> the most
> important.  Of all the people I have hired, the ability
> to learn, not
> being nit picky about spelling got them the job.
>
> Posting a message to a list, is not putting a sign up
> saying kick me.  I
> don't know what compelled anyone who responded mocking or
> correcting
> spelling in that post, to do so on the list.  It would
> have been just as
> easy to only respond to Mac Tens post, not the list.
>
> Spelling is not worth publicly embarrassing someone, how
> did any of you
> help this individual out?
>
> So far the only lesson I see, is don't ask for help,
> don't expect
> understanding, and don't bother with Linux if you know
> QBasic.
>

> majordomo at kclug.org

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3