job search

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Fri Jul 26 00:30:26 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 18:03, crash3m at trelane.net wrote:
> which is more importent spelling capitilzasion punctootasion grammer.
> im not sure myself?
> :P

Neither, taking the initiative to learn something new is the most
important.  Of all the people I have hired, the ability to learn, not
being nit picky about spelling got them the job.

Posting a message to a list, is not putting a sign up saying kick me.  I
don't know what compelled anyone who responded mocking or correcting
spelling in that post, to do so on the list.  It would have been just as
easy to only respond to Mac Tens post, not the list.

Spelling is not worth publicly embarrassing someone, how did any of you
help this individual out?

So far the only lesson I see, is don't ask for help, don't expect
understanding, and don't bother with Linux if you know QBasic.