strange console behavior (followup)

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Fri Jul 19 22:37:35 CDT 2002

I had a problem with konsole, and it was a *trivial* bug fix.  Firstly,
right click on the konsole icon and select "Properties".  One of the
tabs shows a property looking like "konsole-noxft".  The problem is
there is no space between konsole and the command-line option.  This
same properties page lists a file.  I think it is
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Terminals/konsole-desktop.

You'll have to be su to edit this file, but simply look for
"konsole-noxft" in this file and change it to "konsole -noxft".  God I
love Linux!