market continues to dive!

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Jul 18 16:30:05 CDT 2002

I took an "I/T aptitude test" for a job (back in the early 80's) that
had questions about a lot of common, and a few phony, acronyms.    The
questions were multiple guess, so it was fairly obvious when they snuck
in a clinker, but I found the process to be quite onerous.

A 300+ question test on I/T that must be completed in an hour with a 75%
success rate. . . . after the test was done I joked with the H/R weenie
that they should pay me for taking the test, because it was 10 times
more difficult than any computer job I ever had, and didn't really test
the skills that made me great at my job.