DSL experiences

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Wed Jul 17 16:15:54 CDT 2002

> location, but to my knowlege hers is working fine also.  I'm thinking that
> maybe the SWBell for everything (bandwidth and access) seems to be the
> common problem here.

Kind of.  Like I said, Business Services are the way to go.  I had to argue
with the SWB people and make up a business to install for, but I've noticed
a HUGE difference in the level of service you receive if you're a "business"
account.  Also, the low end DSL is crap.  Total crap.  That's why I went for
the "enhanced"... no PPPoE.  Also, I don't use SWB's e-mail, DNS servers,
etc etc etc...  I set up my own.  MUCH easier if your e-mail goes down to
fix it yourself then rely on one of those SWB techs.

With all the problems I had with TW I didn't want to even try
Comm(unist)Cast after I moved.  I stuck with SWB DSL and got Dish :)

Aaron