SWB DSL - Disapoinment

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Wed Jul 17 12:37:20 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Aaron wrote:

[snip]
> A couple years later (we're going on 5 years in this timeline) I decide to
> move and buy a house.  The bank runs my credit and tells me that before I
> buy a house I need to pay TW $140 that's in collections.  WTF?!?  So I call
> TW and say, "You have a collection account on my credit for $140.  I paid
> that."
> "No you didn't."
> "Yes, I did."
> "No, you didn't."
> "Yes, I did."
> "Prove it."

I wouldn't count on receiving the letter from them.. they likely don't
care.  Just to throw in my own story (for those who haven't already
heard it) SWBell does the same thing - but they like to hit you for a
full year of service all at once!

Had DSL installed the moment it became available, got the enhanced
service with 5 static addresses... and never received a bill.  I called
repeatedly for several months, and as far as they could tell I didn't
exist.  Turned it all off and bought ION when it became available (oh
how I miss it!!!) and later received a bill for $1200.00 from SWBell.
It's been a long three eyar fight, and I finally rolled over and gave
'em $800.00 so I can keep my credit decent.

Botton line - all of these businesses are in line to make money, but
haven't always done a good job of building a service infrastructure to
ensure things are smooth.  But they dont need to - they don't care about
us, only our cash.

Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com | He who knows not and knows that he      |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | knows not is ignorant.  Teach Him.      |
| 913.579.7117                | He who knows not and knows not that he  |
*-----------------------------| knows not is a fool.  Shun him.         |
                              | He who knows and knows not that he      |
                              | knows is asleep.  Wake him.             |