SWB DSL - Disapoinment

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Jul 17 08:17:00 CDT 2002

My service with AT&T was great until I canceled.. at which time they
started sending me monthly bills that literally doubled monthly. Last I
got said I owed them like $600. I called and talked to them and asked what
the $600 service fee was.. no idea on their part.. they finally stopped
sending me the bills but said they couldn't delete the debt from their
computers.

Somewhat related story.. when I lived in KC my roommate had cable to his
tv.. it was our only tv and he was the main person that watched it.
Everything went pretty much okay until he was in a car crash and died.
They kept sending him bills so being nice I called them and told them he
was dead.. they wanted him to confirm it.. I talked to a manager.. they
also wanted him to get on the phone and confirm it.. his parents called
back.. same experience.. nobody there seemed to grasp that dead people
can't cancel their own cable. When I moved out the cable was still
connected.

Cable companies are just crazy I think. ;)

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/