dynamic DNS and hostname resolution

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 00:53:49 CDT 2002

I'm slowly setting up my network to host some public services with
TWC/RR and a dynamic IP.  My firewall will route connections to a web
server and email server inside my network.  My question is, how do I
handle resolution of the public hostnames www, mail, etc with DNS?  If
someone connects to my firewall/router, does IPNAT (and the packet
routing to the correct server) take over before the DNS query looks for
the IP of the server?  This is new ground for me, so my question might
not even be clear.  I can provide more info on my setup if need be.