KDE installer

Eric R. rossiter at discoverynet.com
Fri Jul 12 21:00:09 CDT 2002

David Holland wrote:

> Hello, I?m wanting to install KDE on RedHat 7.2.  I don?t have the CDs
> at the moment and am having some trouble figuring out how to install
> it.  I?ve checked with RedHats mirrors and I?ve found several RPMs and
> I?ve looked at KDE.org and all their installers are for some other
> version of Linux.  Does RedHat or KDE have an installer for KDE for
> RedHat without installed each RPM one at a time (or reinstalling
> RedHat)?  Or if anyone knows of a howto that could help me with this?
>

> Thanks,
>
>    David

When I downloaded and installed KDE 3.0 I discovered there is a switch
for rpm that will sort, check deps, and install in the correct order all
rpm's in a directory.

So, you would just download all the kde rpm's you want into one
directory, and then issue the correct rpn command.

Unfortunately, I didn't take notes, and don't remember the exact command
  or option.

  Try a read through of the man page for rpm, and I'll look some more
myself.

HTH,
Eric