AOL dialup with Linux

Becker, Rob Becker at celeritas.com
Fri Jul 12 20:00:38 CDT 2002

A friend who is interested in Linux has had an AOL account for a long time and has a very large
number of people emailing him at that address.  Is it possible for him to continue using AOL as a
dialup internet provider if he uses Linux?  I realize that there is no client software for Linux so
he would be unable to use all the feel good handholding features AOL has to offer, but I'm
wondering if he could still connect to the internet using an AOL dialup account?  I've done some
google searching but haven't run across anything that specifically states that this is or is not
possible.  If anyone has any information on this I'd love to pass it along to him.
Thanks.
Rob