Apache worm released

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Mon Jul 1 20:49:03 CDT 2002

Brian Densmore wrote:

> BTW, This is the wrong version anyway.
> You have version 1.3.22 Apache rpm.
> You need version 1.3.26 Apache rpm

Oh man!!! Say it ain't so!!! /me sits on the curb and cries....  You
know, I looked and looked, and 1.3.22 was the latest rpm I could find.
I found apache 1.3.26.tar.gz but I wouldn't know what to do with it.  I
have hard enought time with rpm's.  I mean, I know .configure, make,
make install, but I wouldn't know how to use a gz file to upgrade
apache... /me shakes his head so hard it rattles...

> Here is how to do it with the least headache.
> print off you httpd.conf file (hopefully you didn't destroy this).

Or save it as httpd.conf.bck?

> download apachetoolbox (http://www.apachetoolbox.com)
> run apachetoolbox and select the add-ons that are enabled in your
> current httpd.conf configuration file. There will be load statements,
> hopefully you took notes when installing it the first time that can
> help you determine other options you need.

Notes, what notes?  We don have no steenking notes...  Really, my apache
install isn't a big hairy deal.... I just downloaded and installed
apache sometime back (worked first time, lucky me,) and have configured
mrtg for devices here on the LAN, and finally figured out netsaint,
which then displays in apache, but other than those two projects,
nothing much is going on.

> I have to do the same thing.
> Took down my server over the weekend but have been unable to find time
> to install yet. (sigh)
>
> Brian

Thanks for your input Brian.

Eric