Web hosting services

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Mon Jul 1 13:54:50 CDT 2002

>I know if a service that charges $45/mo for the first 5M, $7.50 for
>each additional meg.  Does that sound at all within range?

I'm astounded that people can charge that much and still
have customers. Half that price is still expensive. I pay
$10 a month for an 125-MB account at phpwebhosting.com. Granted,
that's inexpensive because it's targeted toward geeks who
can handle SSH for account management, aren't looking for
FrontPage extensions, and can deal with e-mail-only support.

But any local provider, like KCNet, will provide better
than the service quoted above, for about $20 a month.

http://www.kcnet.com/html/commercial.html

-Jared