was: AOTC and GeekPAC now: Off topic response

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Sun Apr 14 14:29:52 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron" <aaron at aarons.net>

> Geeezz.  You people are a bunch of whiny babies.

Uhhhh....geeez.....that was totally uncalled for.  I didn't rip you or your
paper, and I am not now, nor have I been in the recent past, a whiny baby.
I HAVE been accused of being arrogant, opinionated, hard-headed, stubborn,
and extremely anal,  with an occasional flair for digressing to the level of
complete cro-magnon.  But, to know me, is to love me.

Monty had a point, you really should have caught those simple mistakes.  I
believe Monty unloaded on you with both barrells because this is something
he feels strongly about.  I've noticed the continual degradation of the
written and spoken word over the last decade with more than an inkling of
trepidation myself.  In conjunction with my above statement, I'd like to add
that the Linux community will forever be hard pressed to be taken seriously
if some of our brightest carbon-based bipedal units, while quite possibly
being exemplary silicon wizards, still read, write and speak at an eighth
grade level.

I noticed you said you had several proof readers check your paper.
Uhhhh....personnally bubba, I'd find myself another set of proof readers.
The next time you have one of these papers, ship it off to me, I'll proof
read it.  If I have any reservations or possible concerns regarding  a
text-based anomaly, I'll ship of to my Mom, she's a published author and
editor.

Aaron, I understand your aggravation, but it really is ethereal in the grand
sceme of things. This medium is now, and always will be a den of iniquity.
The level of anonymity found in text based correspondence occasionally
unleashes a barrage of unwanted or unwarranted personal or professional
diatribe.

Well that's about all I have to contribute.  I just wanted to address your
"whiny babies" statement.  I hope I have addressed your concerns and
reservations appropriately.  It is Sunday morning and I'm feeling quite
magnanimous.  Normally, I would have just extended my middle finger in your
direction and asked if the letters "F O" had any meaning.  Oooops.... see
what I mean?  Life is just an ongoing and ever increasing struggle between
the forces of good and evil.

Hope this finds you all well,
Eric S. Rossiter