AOTC and GeekPAC

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Sun Apr 14 03:03:59 CDT 2002

Geeezz.  You people are a bunch of whiny babies. And yes, it's HTML... live
with it.

pred·a·to·ry   Pronunciation Key  (prd-tôr, -tr)
adj.
1.. Living by preying on other organisms: a predatory mammal; a
predatory insect.
2..
1.. Of, relating to, or characterized by plundering, pillaging, or
marauding.
2.. Living by or given to exploiting or destroying others for
one's own gain.

[Latin praedtrius, plundering, from praedr, to plunder, from praeda,
booty. See ghend- in Indo-European Roots.]
preda·tori·ly adv.
preda·tori·ness n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

----

predatory

Pred"a*to*ry, a. [L. praedatorius, fr. praedari to plunder, fr. praeda
prey. See Prey.] 1. Characterized by plundering; practicing rapine;
plundering; pillaging; as, a predatory excursion; a predatory party. ``A
predatory war.'' --Macaulay.

2. Hungry; ravenous; as, predatory spirits. [Obs.]

Exercise . . . maketh the spirits more hot and predatory. --Bacon.

3. (Zo["o]l.) Living by preying upon other animals; carnivorous.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA,
Inc.

----

predatory

adj 1: characterized by plundering or pillaging or marauding; "bands of
marauding Indians"; "predatory warfare"; "a raiding party" [syn: marauding,
raiding] 2: living by preying on other animals especially by catching living
prey; "a predatory bird"; "the rapacious wolf"; "raptorial birds"; "ravening
wolves"; "a vulturine taste for offal" [syn: rapacious, raptorial, ravening,
vulturine, vulturous] 3: living by or given to victimizing others for
personal gain; "predatory capitalists"; "a predatory, insensate society in
which innocence and decency can prove fatal"- Peter S. Prescott; "a
predacious kind of animal--the early geological gangster"- W.E.Swinton [syn:
predaceous, predacious]
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

----

predatory

predatory: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

predatory found in 2 items.
Stealing
Excerpt: "...; predaceous, predal, predatory, predatorial; raptorial
(rapacious..."
[View Entry]

Taking
Excerpt: "...; predaceous, predal, predatory, predatorial; lupine,
rapacious..."
[View Entry]