slackware install from nfs

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Mon Apr 8 16:56:57 CDT 2002

Anyone ever do an install with packages on an NFS server?  I set up an
NFS server with ProNFS on a windows box.  When I view my exports,
everything looks fine.  My packages directory is exported as
/d/slackware.  However, the installer gives me a message indicating it
can't find the package directories on the NFS server.  It is however
successfully communicating with the server.

I've gotten tired of configuration issues with the "easy-to-use"
distros, so I'm going back to the basics.  At least with Slackware I
know I can get everything (sound, AVIs, etc) to work.