Software Installs

Ray Holmes raymond.holmes at communitech.net
Tue Oct 30 15:18:15 CST 2001

start office resides in a file called officexx (52 in my case) and the
program name is soffice.

in a shell, run 'locate soffice'. this should give you the location.
another good file finder is ' whereis x'.

and most commands will dispaly thier options if you write 'command -h'
or 'command --help'

for netscape run 'netscape'.

also, my pdf viewer of choice is 'xpdf'.

when you can, break away from kde/gnome and come into the light with
windowmaker or ice. they are super lightweight. kde and gnome are
getting as heavy and resource-piggish as windows. wm will also give you
a better sense of the filesystem.

--
Best Regards,

Ray Holmes
Programmer Analyst
1-800-WEB.HOST ext 4920

- Kansas City 2001 Small Business of the Year
- A TopHosts.com Top 10 Web Hosting Company
- A HostIndex.com Top 15 Web Hosting Company
- Member of the BBB On-Line Reliability Program
- Member of the Web Host Guild & VeriHost