Software Installs

Rick rsobba at kcnet.com
Tue Oct 30 02:23:12 CST 2001

I consider myself a seasoned "newbie" and do ok with Linux and am
adapting to gnome now instead of KDE. Can anyone help me remove this MS
ball and chain so I can convert to Linux full time? I am unable to
install software on Redhat 7.1 server. I have tried Sun's Star Office
5.2, Netscape 6.1, Lime Wire, and Adobe Acrobat reader.  The installs
give me no errors but afterwords I can not find anywhere to launch the
application. If I try to reinstall I get message that application is
already installed. I have tried the installs as root as well as on my
account. I have checked for help on Sun's web site,
www.thelinuxgurus.org, and www.Slashdot.com.

Thank you
Rick Sobba