a question about my problem

Ray Holmes raymond.holmes at communitech.net
Fri Oct 5 19:25:24 CDT 2001

yes, your linux partition is gone.

the ME 'restore' disk contains an image of your hard drive the way it
looked after initial installation.

i suggest getting a second computer. sharing a hard drive with windows
is liker sharing a house with a fat,stupid relative - walking around,
breaking your things, cant hold a job, you get the idea.

Eric Gilliland wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I had another question about the problem with my linux install that i sent
> out a couple of weeks ago.  As a refresher, I stupidly let Norton AntiVirus
> restore an old MBR and now lilo won't load.  Following the advise of a
> person at Mandrake Expert.com, I atempted to boot using my CD (my bood
> floppy will not work!), and then do an upgrade, but this resulted in an
> error message.  the long and the short is that I now cannot get into linux.
>
> Anyway, my question is this.  After the initial problem I did a System
> Unstall under Win ME in the hopes that it would install the old MBR (it
> didn't).  I did a restore to the previous day.  Now, when I look at my C:
> drive propertied under explorer, I notice that it says the size of C: is
> 37.2 gigs.  This box has a 40 gig hard drive, and I alloted 10 gigs to linux
> when I installed it.  Does anyone think that maybe the system restore erased
> my linux partition?  Or is the size of the C: that explorer shows just a
> lie?  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Eric Gilliland
>
> J. Eric Gilliland
> jegilliland at hotmail.com
> Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
> Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5

Best Regards,

Ray Holmes
Programmer Analyst
1-800-WEB.HOST ext 4920

- Kansas City 2001 Small Business of the Year
- A TopHosts.com Top 10 Web Hosting Company
- A HostIndex.com Top 15 Web Hosting Company
- Member of the BBB On-Line Reliability Program
- Member of the Web Host Guild & VeriHost