a question about my problem

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:39:20 CDT 2001

Hello Everyone,

I had another question about the problem with my linux install that i sent
out a couple of weeks ago.  As a refresher, I stupidly let Norton AntiVirus
restore an old MBR and now lilo won't load.  Following the advise of a
person at Mandrake Expert.com, I atempted to boot using my CD (my bood
floppy will not work!), and then do an upgrade, but this resulted in an
error message.  the long and the short is that I now cannot get into linux.

Anyway, my question is this.  After the initial problem I did a System
Unstall under Win ME in the hopes that it would install the old MBR (it
didn't).  I did a restore to the previous day.  Now, when I look at my C:
drive propertied under explorer, I notice that it says the size of C: is
37.2 gigs.  This box has a 40 gig hard drive, and I alloted 10 gigs to linux
when I installed it.  Does anyone think that maybe the system restore erased
my linux partition?  Or is the size of the C: that explorer shows just a
lie?  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Eric Gilliland

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5