Thanks and bad news...

Thud-n-Blunder at excite.com Thud-n-Blunder at excite.com
Wed Mar 21 22:18:36 CST 2001

First off, thanks to everyone who tried to get my Linksys card working on my
laptop last night. Your help and your patience are very much appreciated.

Now for the bad news. After doing some research on UseNet, I have found out
that the version 3 of the Linksys 10/100 PCMCIA network card is NOT
supported under Linux kernels 2.2 or 2.4. The card will work, according to
some reports, under kernel 2.0, but something in me rebels against
downgrading that far. <smile>

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting a cheap-yet-reliable PCMCIA
network card? Possibly used? And would they be willing to post those
thoughts here? I feel confident that I'm not the only one who might profit
from such information.

Anyhow, thanks again for your help!

John Gardner
(using this address now that mailandnews.com is down)