X and mesa

Persky, Ken Ken.Persky at dsionline.com
Wed Mar 21 22:07:46 CST 2001

I am still fairly new to linux and I need some assistance in solving a
problem.  I recently bought Heavy Gear II for linux and When I installed it
crashed and asked me if I had mesa compiled for my system.  I think I know
what the problem is, but I am looking for confirmation so I don't solve the
wrong problem.  let me lay it out for you....
I am running debian, Kernel 2.4.1, and XF86 3.3.6.  I  am currently using
the SVGA X server even though I have a Matrox G400 vid card.
Ok...so here is what I am thinking. If I were use an accelerated X server or
upgrade to X4 would that solve my problem? If I did do this would  I still
have to have mesa installed, and If I do need mesa is do I need to configure
in mesa stuff when I upgrade X.
As you can see, I am basically confused and any insight would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks
Ken Persky

----------  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  ----------

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee indicated in this message or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby on notice
that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

given nor endorsed by it.