boot problem after RH updates....

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Jun 14 21:43:37 CDT 2001

Thursday, June 14, 2001 4:34 PM, "Eric Rossiter"
<rossiter at discoverynet.com> wrote:

-- rest of problem description snipped--

> Does anyone know what caused this....what exactly it is
> doing.... and how I would fix it?  Is it a problem with
> LILO?

Could be, try verifying your /etc/lilo.conf, and
rerunning lilo when booted from your boot disk.
You are getting the trail of dots on at a time?
But not "Uncompressing"?  Did you change your kernel?
If you did, did you compile it yourself?  If you did,
does it match your processor correctly?  If you didn't,
compile it, did you choose the correct one for your
processor?

Hal