boot problem after RH updates....

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Thu Jun 14 21:32:20 CDT 2001

Recently I let the RH network do it's thing and downloaded a whole mess of
updates.... after doing that, now when I try to boot the following happens.

When the graphical screen comes up giving me the choice of booting to Win or
Lin I choose Linux....the screen flips to a text screen where I see "
choose Linux and press enter, the screen flips to a text screen where I see
choose Linux and press enter, the screen flips to a text screen where I see
choose Linux and press enter, the screen flips to a text screen where I see

I think by now, you'll see where I'm going with this.  If I boot to the boot
disk I generated at installation time, I can boot all the way to a login
prompt and everything appears fine.

Does anyone know what caused this....what exactly it is doing.... and how I
would fix it?  Is it a problem with LILO?

Oh, btw,  this is a dual boot system, boots to Win fine....using RH Linux
7.0 Professional Server, custom install.

TIA,

Eric