Which (RH or MDK) for bare http server?

The Hoelschers mohoel at telocity.com
Thu Jun 14 22:03:14 CDT 2001

Thanks for the input.  Sounds like it just doesn't matter, as long as
it's Linux.

I don't intend to branch out in a whole new distro model (Debian) for
this project.  Maybe to "play" later on, but for now, just need to get
it up and running with what I'm familiar with.

The serial lilo sounds interesting, but since this one will be in my
basement, and I'll be working from home full-time come July 1, if I need
to re-set or even slap a monitor on for diagnostics, it will be do-able.

I think I'll go with RH because in the MDK "server" install, they still
want to install X.  Just some overhead I don't need.

As for telnet, I intend to only accept request from the internal side -
nothing from the outside - so telnet may be fine.  I'll look into SSH,
'cuz I've heard a lot of good about it, and need to learn ("More input!
Need input!" Johnny-5 from 'Almost Human')

Again, thanks for all!

Chris.