Linux Project (RE: Linux vs. Windows and why win is winning!)

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 21:22:32 CDT 2001

Here is a usability report that Sun did on Gnome.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/ut1_report/report_main.html

I think that much of what is pointed out in this report could apply to KDE as
well.  Perhaps KDE already has addressed some of these issues.  BTW, is this
project being atalked about a KDE or a Gnome project?

If it's KDE, I think someone should take a look at KDE 2.2 which is due out a
week from Monday.  There are supposed to be changes in the menu layout that may

change where you're headed, or at least change the starting point.  Check out
the list of improvements.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html

It may not be entirely what some of you had in mind, but on the other hand,
there is no sense in reinventing any wheels.

Peace,
Jim