Linux Project (was Linux vs. Windows and why win is winning!)

John Heryer jheryer at violet.jayhawks.net
Fri Jul 20 21:33:32 CDT 2001

> So what do you all suggest?

	I suggest you just use Windows. I find it very ... ironic that you
are attempting to reproduce the operating system you are trying to get
away from. Personally, I think this "Linux Learning Curve" is nothing more
than a user not properly reading the documentation. Linux its self is not
difficult, we all have been memorizing trivial facts all of our lives.
The problem new users have is knowing where and how to obtain their
information. Why is Windows so easy and intuitive? Because you already
know how to use it. A better solution would be simply to direct a new
user to sources of information, such as http://www.linux.com, the irc channel
#linuxhelp on irc.openprojects.net, and even mailing lists such as this
one... Remember the quote: "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a
night. If you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a life time." (or
something like that)

... just my two cents.

--
John Heryer
jheryer at jayhawks.net

"It is easy to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to
live after your own; but the great man is he, in the midst of the crowd,
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson