programming/network administration schools

Rohde, Drew drohde01 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Jul 17 13:20:39 CDT 2001

My wife took a 10 week course covering Oracle at Step 1 last November
(called Conseva now, www.conseva.com).  It is a all day every day class/lab
and covered all information needed for OCP certification (exams not
included).

The price is non-trivial at around $13,000 but included a full Oracle Press
library of books, Oracle license and CDs, and a really sweet laptop.

They also offer training in severeral programming languages, including C++
and Java.  And they have since added a dedicated placement person to set up
recruitment of students, so I'm sure that is much better than when she went.

What she thought was good was that it gave a lot of time to digest the
information and do the labs.  Class content that is normally offered over 5
days will be drilled for 2-4 weeks.

Drew