will lack of corporate support kill off Linux?

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue Jul 17 13:57:22 CDT 2001

OOps, I realized I didn't finish my sentence there:

They are building a new Linux based render farm that will house 41 dual
1GHz P3 2GB RAM machines in a refrigerator sized housing.  It says that
one unit will replace computers that currently take up 40-50 feet of
data rack space!  They are also adding another CG production pipeline
based entirely on Linux using Intel IA-64 and P4 processors.  There is
no end in sight!

> the movie 'Shrek'.  It talks about the future plans for adding more dual
> GHz.  It also goes into a lot of the applications that they use for the

Gene