Linux Applications

Walter Dunz Zscoundrel at netscape.net
Tue Jan 23 14:16:04 CST 2001

Actually, many of my discusion areas had membership approaching that level,
but every time a new system joined one of teh more active areas, they got a
brief but friendly welcome note with the ground rules.  (I was amazed that I
had to explaine the golden rule to people - but I guess it takes all types to
make a world!)

I probably despise spam more than any man alive.  (I have been getting it
since 300 baud was considered pretty fast!!!)  I don't want to see the
automated sales type posts that have become so common lately, but I don't mind
someone sending a brief overview of a product with a link to a web site.  I
think they should be required to be a member of the lug.

If the software is capable, perhaps we could require someone to be a member
for at least a week before they can post.  This would eliminate the
'hit-and-run' advertisers who join, spam and quit.