Looking for an Linux kernel image

Chris Midkiff cmidkiff at dctkc.com
Fri Jan 12 22:43:07 CST 2001

I've not had much experience with loadlin, but a zImage file is a small
kernel build from the normal source tree.  If you download the kernel
source, (like perhaps the new 2.4.1 version) and follow the make
instructions that come with it, you should be able to come up with a working
zImage.  Most kernel's (including the Corel one, I'm sure) are bzImage (Big
zImage) files.

What are you trying to accomplish?  If you are simply trying to boot from a
floppy, you might try mkbootdisk...

Chris Midkiff
DataCapture Technologies
cmidkiff at dctkc.com