Starband satellite internet

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Wed Jan 10 22:12:04 CST 2001

Check the Slashdot story link I posted.  I just went back there and checked
one of their story links that was dead before.
(http://echostar.swiki.net/278) is a link to instructions for removing the
USB card that is in the satellite modem.  Once you remove this, you can use
a RJ45 connector that's on the back of the device, seen in pictures on this
(http://people.txucom.net/charris/starband.html) site.  Then set up your
favorite firewall solution to maintain a DHCP address and do networking.

You could also use a serial cable, but that would suck.  This solution is
still best for those that live in the sticks and can't get cable or DSL
internet.