Hello

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Wed Jan 10 23:19:21 CST 2001

Forwarded message:

>Hi.  I've been lurking about the list for a while now, and thought I'd
>introduce myself.

    Welcome.  I hope you can start coming to the meetings.

    We are informal about the whole thing.  The socializing is the most
    fun.

>I've been using Linux for about a year now, and have installed it on about a
>dozen-odd machines.  Started with Red Hat, I'm now using Mandrake 7.1 with
>KDE (not KDE2).  I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as you guys appear, so
>hopefully I'll pick up something along the way.

    The ones who speak up are either looking for help or trying to give advice
    to them.

    Many of our members have not been using Linux any longer than you it is
    just that we all, even the most newbie of us, have picked up knowledge
    in areas that not everybody has had a chance to learn about yet.

    The coverage of such a broad range is what makes this group so valuable.

>Ancient history includes VAX, AS400, IBM 360, C64, C128, Mac, Amiga, HP,
>SBC's, etc.
>Currently with Honeywell Aerospace.

    Lots of us old timers here abouts.