IP Routing Question

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Wed Jan 3 02:09:17 CST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Monty J. Harder wrote:

>   I know that.  I thought I made quite clear the issue here:
>

> Internet ---> Router 1 ---> Router 4 ---> Target
>
> Everything upstream of Router 1 is cool.  It's the hop between two
> routers, on a route =not= advertised to the world, that could cause the
> problem.  I am only using the private addresses for that one hop.  Only
> Router 1 knows about this route.
>
> The question, which seems still not to be satsifactorily answered, is...
> Can traffic addressed to the target machine get there?

I am no expert...

You want to have traffic from the net get to the Target system?

What is it that you want to get to the target system?  tcp or udp
applications?

Regards,

Tony

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
CTiTEK, Inc.
tonyz at ctitek.com
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character
 give him power."
 -- Abraham Lincoln