KC RoadRunner and linux

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Feb 26 17:32:22 CST 2001

Actually, 10/100's overkill for RoadRunner - I use old 3COM ISA combo cards
(BNC and RJ45).  It's more likely to be a DHCP/pump issue, but if you
suspect the card just swap your connections and settings and make sure you
can see your home network through that card.

You can, of course, grab an address with DHCP in Windows, then hard-code it
on your Linux configuration.  That will get you by for a while, but it's
really best to get the DHCP working so you can catch changes in DNS servers
and such.