KC RoadRunner and linux

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Feb 26 17:28:39 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: jared [mailto:jared at mail.ru]

> I also have tried the setup suggested by C T Miller under RedHat 6.2 and
no luck.
> I have tried both an intel 8255x-based NIC using eepro100 driver, and a
3com NIC
> (don't recall the specs on that).  It says something to the tune of
"initializing
> eth0.. looking up DHCP info.. [Failed]"

> This has been an ongoing problem ever since I upgraded from 56k about a
year ago.

So you've never gotten 6.2 to work with RoadRunner?

There are a couple of potential solutions.  First, make sure (rpmfind) you
have the current version of /sbin/pump - the one that shipped with a lot of
the distributions didn't work with RoadRunner.

Other solutions require a lot more background info.  I did have one system
that I managed to kill by accidentally doing a lot of rpm updates with
Mandrake packages instead of RedHat, and they symptom was eventually just
that pump just plain would not work with the RR DHCP host.  I messed with it
for a few days then just gave up and did a clean install on another system
and swapped it out.

I've even been able to get RedHat 6.2 to work with SWBell's miserable excuse
for ADSL service using PPPoE.