spam

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Thu Feb 22 15:46:20 CST 2001

Okay - I guess I've got to chime in here too.  I've gotten this
several times in the last few months - I believe it's the one
about the 7 dwarfs and their surprise for Snow White, right?
And in fact, after all the excitement this last couple of weeks
over the Anna Kournikova virus/worm, I wound up with a free copy
(I worked for it, but part of the deal was the client bought two
copies of the latest version, one for her and one for me) of Norton
Antivirus.  The one you're talking about (if we're on the same
page here) showed up four times in my gzip'd mail archives (backup
of a backup - can't be too careful, I guess), along with a couple
of others, also archived, all of them I know about and suspected at
the time they were viruses (.vbs files, strange attachements from
vendors, etc.), but the real kicker is my vmware w98 machine - NAV is
running on it (mounted to my laptop as smb shares) and it's already
found 7 infected files on my vmware virtual disk.  Don't know yet
if those are in archives or live viruses.

UNCLEAN!!!  UNCLEAN!!!

And one more thing.  Why do we hate Microsoft so much when it's
such a goldmine for consultants?  If everyone quite using Microsoft
products today (or if they actually got their act together) then I'd
bet 80% of the consultants around the world would be out of work...
But I should obviously do a better job of isolating my windows
machines from my linux/unix network.

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.    dlparker at dlpinc.com    www.dlpinc.com
816-540-5167 voice    816-540-5218 fax     816-405-3762 mobile