spam

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Thu Feb 22 16:59:28 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Dave Parker wrote:

> And one more thing.  Why do we hate Microsoft so much when it's
> such a goldmine for consultants?  If everyone quite using Microsoft
> products today (or if they actually got their act together) then I'd
> bet 80% of the consultants around the world would be out of work...
> But I should obviously do a better job of isolating my windows
> machines from my linux/unix network.

Hate to disagree :)....

There will always be jobs for us consultants, we just will not have the
pleasure of explaining to management that Microsoft software needs be
reconfigured/rebooted/reinstalled.

We may even work on projects that are more relevant to company
profitability instead of spending much of the time reworking the work that
should have worked the first time.

The quality of work that is acceptable to most of the population would
normally not pass muster in other industries.

Imagine having to drive your latest M$ car .... it would have performance
worse than the Yugo (no offense to Yugo owners :).

TonyZ

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
CTiTEK, Inc.
tonyz at ctitek.com
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character
 give him power."
 -- Abraham Lincoln