Remote Admin

Lance Feagan Earthlink vector99 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 27 06:34:50 CST 2001

Haha, wouldn't that be nice if MS had those nice features.  Windows 98
really has nothing quite like that.  Windows 2000 has a telnet server that
you can install.  With that you can telnet in and do many tasks.  There is
no GUI though, so, that is sort of annoying.  Windows XP does have a tool
for remote administration of a computer.  However, in my opinion it does not
meet up with the same security as I would like to see in a product of this
type.

If you want to remote admin a windows computer, in general, something like
back orifice or sub seven may be able to help you out.  These programs are
typically seen as programs that someone uses on a computer to gain access
that they are not supposed to have or to watch what someone else is doing,
however, they can also be used and were really intended for remote
administration.  Both programs are free.  For nice security info, etc, goto
www.astalavista.box.sk  You can find links to the programs there if you run
a search.

--Lance

P.S.  Isn't a real UNIX system nice?  Ah, how I love SGIs, HPs, Compaqs
(DECs) and other nice commercial UNIXes.