Remote Admin

David P. Engvall davideng at ponyexpress.net
Thu Dec 27 05:56:30 CST 2001

kclug <<

Forgive my MS naivety.  But can Windows machines be administered remotely?

Win 98?
Win 2000?
Win XP?

Last year I was running a network of SGI machines and I could easily do the following.

Login to a machine across the network and interface with it using a shell or a graphical
interface.
Change to a local user.
Load software on a machine to which I was logged into remotely.
Bring up a local users desktop on my (remote) machine to check if everything was working
correctly.

Has Windows gotten to this capability that has been around with unix machines for years?

Thanks in advance.

Dave