Remote Admin

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Dec 27 13:24:25 CST 2001

I know that 95 and NT4 can be remotely administered using Microsoft
utilities from the resource kits, if you've set them up with the proper
profiles and permissions.

There are also utilities in the SMS system that do this, so I would presume
they carry forward to 98, W2K, and XP.

There are a number of third-party utilities, not the least of which is
pcAnywhere.  A friend of mine uses VNC "on everything", and does his remote
admin that way.

I guess this is one of those MS questions where the answer is "yeah, but
it'll cost ya".