OT-Re: test post

mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com
Wed Dec 26 23:17:14 CST 2001

I think in general that broadband ISP's use DHCP to make it a little harder
to use their network for home based servers, unless you are paying extra for
it.
This doesn't stop a person from doing it, but it does mean that you will
have more outages.

The biggest reason though is probably because it is easier to tell clients
how to set up DHCP than static configs.

Mark