DNS and Time Warner Cable

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Tue Dec 4 16:20:31 CST 2001

Setup:
OpenBSD firewall on a Pentium 133, running IPF and IPNAT
RedHat 7.2 on my desktop, Pentium 500

Hey all.  I just moved to Praire Village, but with no DSL access I
switched to Road Runner.  I reconfigured my external NIC to use DHCP and
the session appears to open successfully.  The problem is DNS isn't
working.  The resolv.conf file is rewritten  with  a "search" on the
kc.rr.com domain and the three RR DNS servers as "nameserver"s.  I can
ping external IPs, but I just can't resolve names.  I even tried
reconfiguring my desktop to use the old DSL nameservers to no avail.
 Any suggestions?