Code Red Origin / Interesting reading part II

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Aug 10 13:58:09 CDT 2001

There is a certain implied warrantee that it will perform the task it was
designed for. I have heard of some lawsuits based on this premise (against
proprietary applications like SAP), but don't recall any specific one, nor
do I know what the outcome of those lawsuits were. In any case it is
unlikely M$ could be sued for security holes, especially if there is a fix
widely available for it. And of course one fix is to unplug the internet.
Sadly, Winblows fills the basic tenets of implied merchantability, it runs
(most of the time) and allows people to do "productive" things (most of the
time) with it.

Oh yeah,

******Disclaimer*******
IANAL nor do I play one on TV.
I am not liable for any use or misuse of this information.
******Disclaimer*******

Brian