Small Server/Spare gear...(SB Live Value)

Gene E. Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Thu Mar 16 15:25:09 CST 2000

> I've not yet tried to use a PCI SBLive yet, although I will confess it's
> been described as a bit more difficult.

	Go to http://opensource.creative.com to get the latest emu10k1 drivers.

	You have to recompile your kernel with your sound card support as a module and all other
sound stuff turned off.  Then you compile
the emu10k1 module and copy it to your modules directory.  All the correct instructions are in the
README file in the tar file.  I'm
at work right now, so I cannot give you all of the specifics.  It is a bit time consuming if you
haven't already recompiled your
kernel with sound card support as a module, but it is not THAT difficult.

	I know that the ALSA Project also has emu10k1 drivers here: http://www.alsa-project.org.  I
have not checked those drivers out as I
have been successful with the ones from Creative.

I am currently running RedHat 6.1 kernel 2.2.12smp and have had no problems with the sound at all.

Gene Dascher