Small Server/Spare gear...(SB Live Value)

Dustin J. Decker dustind at zandura.net
Thu Mar 16 14:16:07 CST 2000

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, steve doerr wrote:
> I don't know about the SB Live Value, or whether this is ISA or PCI card, but
> running a ISA SB AWE16/32/64 on Linux is a complicated process. <snip>
I'm going to cry bullsh*t on this one...  I have an ISA AWE64, and I use
RedHat 6.1.  It's really as simple as logging in as root, and running
'sndconfig'.  Seconds later, Mr. Torvalds will explain to you how he
pronounces Linux, and you will then hear a midi sample.  Done.

I've not yet tried to use a PCI SBLive yet, although I will confess it's
been described as a bit more difficult.
Dustin

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with one step
					-- Lao Tsu